7 Jan 2012

Gerda or Mengloth?

Last night I had been researching for my up coming surgery this year; I've got a slight overbite and my orthodontist wants me to get corrective surgery.
After about an hour online, I was pretty much stressing myself out; I'd see YouTube videos of before and the weeks following the procedure, a blog detailing what would happen, how they would crack my jaw and add plates.
Overall, I'm worried about the outcome after months of swelling and pain; would it be worth it or will there be barely any difference?

Later, when I was in bed, Loki told me "If you're really that worried, go and talk to someone."
He didn't mean "Go and wake up your Mum and have a chat" or "Ask your dentist", he meant "I know some people, but you're going to have to "travel" and find them yourself." Cheers for that, mate.

I laid back and tried to see if I could find them.




There was a bit of a problem at first. I'd thought about who I should ask, and decided that Mengloth would be the best bet to ask about medical advice - but I'd forgotten her name at the time (cringe) and was trying to meditate on her purely by trying to get a fix on her. Not the best way of going about asking for help.

It got worse as I was being pulled about while I tried to reach her, and was constantly being steered towards Gerda and her garden instead. More like someone taking me by the shoulders and pushing me towards her.
I kept shaking my head and thinking "That's not right, I know the difference between the two of them. So why am I going towards Gerda?"

I had started to give up; I couldn't concentrate on getting to Mengloth's Hall (in fact, I couldn't even visualize anything at all!). Then I felt a hand on my face, feeling about my jaw bone and someone (female) saying softly: "What is it you wanted to ask me?"

I've no idea if it was Gerda, Mengloth (or one of her handmaidens) but I told her about the surgery while she felt around my jaw, chin and, at one point, the back of my head.
She didn't say much, besides from asked me a few things; when I mentioned how I was worrying over how I'd look at the end of it I heard her said "Vain".
I agreed with her there; it did sound vain, especially since Sigyn has been getting me to accept myself in every way. But I mentioned that I'd be sick if it turned out I'd have been better off not getting it done and I felt her nodding.

At the end of it, we'd pretty much determined that I knew the risks and, in her opinion, I should come out of the surgery with no problems. I've got the feeling though that she wanted to think more on it and come back.
Either way, she really calmed me down (who ever it was) and I'm happy enough to carry on with what's to happen.
Loki's said I'd do good by sending a prayer for her blessing before the operation, just to be sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment