21 Aug 2011

Necklace Idea?

I had another dream last night:

I was dreaming that I was trying to get to work but I kept going over to a shop window to look inside. It was a full of dream catchers of every varitity so I went on my way, only to walk back to the window a few minutes later.

This time, on the display, it showed possible alter items. My eye caught that of a orange glazed fire bowl and some small gold statues of Loki - either smiling with his hand on his hip, ones with him and Fenrir, or when he was disguised as 'Freyja's maid when him and Thor went to retrieve his hammer. 
 I made a mental note to get those items for my alter and I went inside . 

As I wandered inside, I looked up and hanging from hooks were necklaces of all colours, when I spotted the following one.

It was decorated with chipped crystals as beads (in red, orange, gold) , which started about half way round the chain and stopped at the front, leaving a gap. From that gap, on a smaller bit of chain, hung a rounded, red stone encased in some silver so it didn't fall out. Carved into the stone with silver paint was an image of Sleipnir.

I immediately reached up and tried to free the necklace from the hook, but it was too high. One of the workers of the shop used a pole and brought it down and I put it on. I didn't have to pay for it as I left, and no one said otherwise.

Since then, I've been on the internet, trying to see if I've seen something like it before or what, but as far as I know the necklace I dreamed about hasn't been made.
It would have been a combination of the following pictures. Who knows, I might plan to make something similar if I can find the material in town. I'll have to see.






No comments:

Post a Comment