27 Aug 2011

Acceptance of Lokeans on Pagan Forums? (not any time soon)

For the better half of seven years since I was introduced to runes, I've never memorised them. Then yesterday I spent the better half of the day copying every rune I could find into my little notebook and writing down meanings, uses and which deities they're associated with.
I hadn't planned on doing that for about three hours, I just came home and found myself grabbing a clean notebook and started writing.


In other news, on one of the pagan forums, there had been a discussion over an acclaimed heathen author and his newest book - the reason for the post was due to his controversial writings of the gods.
Anyways, the other heathens on the site were kicking up a fuss as he had written that Loki was an unsung hero, among other things.

What got me was when one of the senior staff members, who was heathen, really began to rip Loki's name to shreds (bearing in mind that this pagan site had many members of other religions, including Lokeans).
It made me pretty upset, and rather mad, that he would say that the author was an idiot to say Loki was good; he posted that Loki has no good about him at all, is a villain, the disgrace of the whole religion etc.
Now I think that most Lokeans are used to stuff like this, but as I said, this site had hundred of members including Lokeans. If that post had been about an author writing about Wicca, or Flamekeeping, or Kemetic, they would have been a bit more cautious in what they were saying. Even if it was about Kali, they might have watched what they said in case they offend ones who devote themselves to her.
It just seems unfair that although more of people are turning to Loki, he and we are still baring the brunt of the heathens and asatrus wrath.

It just feels unfair and a bit discriminative that while they welcome those who worship other destructive deities, and we're still getting metaphorically lurched where ever we turn.

I would have, if I had been anyone else, written an reply to his post. But I didn't. Contrary to most beliefs, this Lokean doesn't like kicking up a fuss or causing arguments. What would I have said anyway? "Hi there, that comment offended me. Please stop."? Even if he was part of the staff, I'd doubt he'd bottle up his rage about Loki just for me and the others. He probably would have called us out on the subject - "Yes Loki is a distructive god, yes he causes a bit of trouble, yes he causes Ragnarok, but he has got some good about him!" The people on the thread would have laughed in our faces and called us naive and posted more stuff up about him.

This isn't the first time the heathens there have started thread topics to really have at it about Loki. And Lokeans trying to have their say is part of the fun for them to really start getting rude and aggressive. So when the Lokeans start fighting back, the heathen then say "Oh, typical Lokeans, starting trouble."
I should really stop joining pagan sites, those posts just get me all riled up and upset. I spend more effort online being the absolute definition of niceness and politeness to try and do my bit in stopping the 'evil lokean' belief and not getting into online arguments where they could turn on us.

If they can accept Satanists and followers of Kali or other destructive gods, or even death deities like Hela, then why can't they get a grip and accept us? I really don't get the heathens and asatrus sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment