16 Nov 2011

Remeberance

My Mum's youth group happens to be a Christian one and we attend the Remembrance Sunday service each year, along with the boys from the other youth group.

Although I'm not Christian, I can deal with sitting in a church while our ministers prattles on about sins and what not; after all, it's about remembering fallen soldiers. I say my prayers to Hela then zoned out for the rest of the service (i.e, while he preaches for about an hour or two till no one knows what he's on about)

The minister caught my attention when he said, in a nutshell, that Christians are the only ones who pay remembrance to November 11th.

I found it a bit cheeky to assume that; considering the fact that I'm Norse Pagan and I was paying my respects. I'm sure Jews and Atheists remember and do something towards the fallen.


I'd be interested to see how others, who aren't under the Christian umbrella, pay their respects. Lighting a candle? A prayer to your local death deity? Some sort of service or group gathering? A minutes silence or wearing a poppy?

No comments:

Post a Comment