28 Jul 2011

Donor

I finally got round to doing something that's been niggling at me to do for a while: I've registered as an Organ Donor, so my tissues and organs can help others after I die.

After my little scare yesterday, I was a bit apprehensive about doing anything so sudden and as big as this, but like I said, something was constantly niggling. And I don't think it's Loki this time round.
I don't think it's another god trying to stake claim (Loki would go ape-shit) but more of 'Hi there, do this for us please. Okay, thanks. Bye!' and now it's gone so it must have only been sticking around for that.

It could be seen - if you squint - as a promise or offering to those I work with; I mean, some people make blood oaths to their gods, some offer up their bodies only while they are alive and worshiping, and some like me donate their bodies to save lives afterwards.

I feel...happy now; my body is going to good use , and it makes me want to take care of it more for those who might get a part of me later.
I don't smoke, I don't take drugs and I rarely drink (I like pepsi better than alcohol, even when I'm in a pub) - it's like I was made for this. It's given me a better outlook over what happened yesterday - like they've shown me that I can be useful or I can do good things.

I feel now that now I am going to be very important to someone in the future. And I am, in a way.


Update:
Okay, this just came to me as I was finishing up and it sounds like it's from Loki, so I'll just type what's being said (I'm testing this "shamanic 'world walker' " claim from himself and Surt last night) :

"...You're going to be recycled..."

(He gets that it'll help people, but he doesn't like the thought of me being split apart, a piece being given to different people, and than scattered across the country.)

"...Exactly; someone random I don't like is going to get your eye. Or your liver. I don't like that, it feels wrong...."
(There was a hint of a 'You're mine' undertone on that last bit although he didn't say it aloud, but it was there.)

Bless his cotton socks; the trickster's getting all sentimental about my body parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment