27 Jul 2011

The 'G' Word

Right; this morning, right before I woke up, Loki (and I think Surt) were speaking over me.

All I could remember was a funny word beginning with 'G' and the phrase 'works/walks between worlds'.

I'd been trying to figure out what that 'G' word was in my head all of today and when I came home I tried to look it up.

Now I knew of the word 'Gythia', but I thought 'Nah! I'm young, I'm not that experienced at all and I don't have the same kind of connection like the other priestesses I've heard about - they can at least talk to Loki directly.'
But I checked anyways, and the other word for priestess is 'Gothia' - but it still didn't sound right.
But then I found the original way to write 'Gothia' is 'Gyðja' ('Gydja') .... and it's pronounced as 'give-e-ya'.

Now THAT is what I heard them say.

And the phrase 'works/walks between worlds'? I check out the 'works' version (as it was one of those two words) and nothing really turned up. I tried the 'walks' and one of the hits is to Raven Kaldera's website, and uses a phrase almost similar to the one I heard.

The way it was said thought, between Loki and Surt, it sounded as if they were using that phrase as a translation; as to what they felt priestess-hood meant. And it was being said to me as I woke up.

A small part of me is happy about this - the more rational part is screaming 'No, no, NO!"
To me, there's no way I could possibly be that; I can't even speak to them directly like some can and I can't 'walk between worlds' or anything remotely shamanic. Sure, I feel a connection to them, and my characteristics and personality is very similar to what I know of fire Jotuns, and I do know things about them that I've never read before - but that is all and it's really pathetic compared to what others can do with less energy.
Right now, I really don't feel fit enough to be a Gydja or Glythia.

If the reason behind Loki and Surt getting together is for me to learn to 'walk' and go to the fire Jotuns for some lessons, I'll try, I really will. But right now, I feel rather helpless than that of a priestess.

Unless that's Loki's grand plan ...to train me up (I say Loki because that is something he would do and would have been planning from the get go when we first met. Surt might of said something, but Loki is more likely).

Fucks sake, Loki! I thought I was getting a break for college!

No comments:

Post a Comment