24 Jul 2011

Personas In Teaching?

I read was reading an old forum about Loki: They had been describing how Loki acts around them. Some said he's very nice and cuddly, some he comes and goes leaving a bread crumb trail of tricks and mischief in their lives but is very lovable, and some said he's loyal and understanding.
Of coarse there then came the comments from the Heathens and other Pagans - "Loki is a god of chaos, he's not nice or friendly." "He's pure evil, how can he be lovely?!" etc, etc.

All that crap aside, it did make me wonder how Lokeans did have different stories of how he treats them.

I think (maybe) Loki appears to people as the figures they need most during the time he comes to them; as a protector, as a friend, as a trickster, as someone who will keep pushing and pushing them mercilessness to their limit till he's broken them down completely and built them up again. One of those persona's of Loki was the one they needed most - as if he studies them first, to find out the best way to get a reaction and the result he wants before acting. 
This is why, I believe, we heard so many different accounts of his behavior toward different Lokeans; it's not because they misunderstand him, it's just how he appears to each of us as individuals.

To me, Loki's taken a father-ish/teacher role. He's not cruel but more persistent, as that is the best method for me to learn - Keep showing me till I understand rather than scream it in my face and scare me off. 
He's a bit gentler in his methods and he takes a back seat, only steering me once in a while. 

No doubt he'll change once I'm older, but since he'll have known me for a good while by then, he might not have to resort to hard methods to continue to teach me.

Just my penny's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment