9 Jul 2012

Mimir's Well

Two nights ago I started up with meditating again to see who I'd meet and to get back into the habit of doing it nightly, as I find it easier to see/hear/talk to Loki and the others that way.


Rather than ending up in The Hall like the other times, I was in a forest, stomping along a trail. I was in my usual 'astral gear'; tunic and undershirt, trousers, boots, short swords, belt and pouches.

Beside me as I walked was a brown wolf, and the longer I spent in his company, I began to see words in my head - War, Mar, Nar - and knew it was his name but it was being jumbled or couldn't quite get through.
As we continued walking, we reached a split in the trail next to a ridge - we could go along the ridge, or down some steps made out of roots and earth. I wanted to carry on but I was drawn to the steps.

Mar (I settled on Mar when I met him again the night after this) couldn't manage the steepness, so I picked him up and off we went until the stairs curved and we were heading under the ground and the road above. I placed Mar back down and we headed into the cave which led us deeper and deep underground. Among the rocks and puddles of water Mar kept sniffing and pointing out bones which did nothing to calm me down.

We finally got to the last cave and approached a small, dirty pool of water. I told Mar to keep an eye out behind me, in case something approached, and threw in a coin.
A bearded head bobbed up and started gasping for air. Although I couldn't recall his name at that time, I knew it was Mimir and the pool of water was really Mimisbrunnr (The Well of Wisdom).


He asked me what I wanted; I wanted to know why I was here or who sent me or what I needed to learn. Just why was I drawn or sent here in general.
He laughed and said there would be a price; I asked what the price would be. 
He wanted my life; I'd learn what I needed to know but I'd have to die for it. 
I asked if there was another way to learn the facts but he said no. 


Ready to leave, he called out and said he'd be willing to exchange a few secrets...if I was to somehow win the favour of a Jotun. I declined on account that if I didn't get a favour I would lose automatically.

Calling to Mar, we up and left back up the stairs into the forest where we carried on walking back the way we came until I came out of the meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment