20 Dec 2011

The Rule of Loki: If there's no loop hole, he'll make one.

A year ago I saw a picture of someones tattoo, which was in dedication to Odin, and thought to myself: 'My type of dedication to Loki would probably be a red tee shirt with his name printed across the back.' The laugh I heard said he agreed with my choice.
Earlier this month he reminded me about that statement, so I went online and found tee shirts that were being made in America. After checking the price difference from dollars to pounds, I bought it and went to bed.

I woke up ten minutes later to 'it won't fiiiiit' in my head, and I couldn't rest until I checked for myself. The size chart said it would fit, and I went back to sleep...
'It's not going to fiiiiiit'
I checked again, and my chest had somehow grown four inches.  I was getting pretty stressed out over whether or not I'd order the right size, but gave up trying to measure myself- if it didn't fit then fuck it - and went back to bed.

Two days later, the email came in to say it was being dispatched. All seemed in order...then I saw this:
My Name
My Address
My Town
England
My postcode
...I happen to live in Scotland... even more stress. 
And so it continued for weeks, one little thing after another. I even said today at lunch 'It's probably fallen off the plane and into the ocean, or it's ended up in China. I really give up.' 

So you can imagine how happy I was when I opened my front door about an hour ago and there was the parcel in the middle of our door mat (the noise that came out of my mouth wasn't human).

So ta-da! Here it is, what all this trouble and stress has been about (my only complaint is despite it being the smallest size, it's still pretty baggy - ack well):


Update:
Loki's just reminded me of one of my unspoken rules: 
"Unless it has your name on it, DO NOT TOUCH" 
Seemed pretty solid at the time... fuck my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment